Looking for a mid-sized university in a suburban setting with proximity to a major city, Division 1 sports teams AND a strength in preparing students for careers in business and business administration? Check out Hofstra University in Long Island, New York.
I toured this campus this winter and was impressed with what it had to offer. On the day of my visit, the weather was cold and dreary but the campus was alive. It’s no surprise that it is among the universities voted “Underrated” and a “Great College at a Reasonable Cost” by college counselors.
Hofstra University is known for:
- A strong Communication/Journalism Program
- A Good Balance of Engineering and Liberal Arts
- A Quality Program in Film Studies
- Strong auxiliary music areas (recording, business, technology)
- An Excellent Theater Program
- An opportunity to build your own degree at New College
- A Phi Beta Kappa Chapter
- Participation in the United Nations Semester
- A January Learning Opportunity
- A Strong Honors College
Hofstra is also known as a prestigious college that accepts a wide range of students. In addition to having a strong Honors College it is known as a college that is sensitive to students with learning style differences and a place where students with a learning disability succeed. There is something for everyone here.
Sandy Aprahamian, Assistant Director, Informed Educational Solutions